The 2023 Honda Pilot Gets Rugged Makeover While Doubling as the Ultimate Family SUV
If you are out enjoying the suburban life, going to your kids’ soccer games, and always seizing the opportunity to show off your grill-master skills, chances are at least one of your neighbors owns or has owned a Honda Pilot.
Entering its fourth generation, the Honda Pilot has earned itself the reputation as the quintessential family SUV with its plethora of passenger and cargo space.
Honda has since announced the 2023 Honda Pilot TrailSport, which not only boasts even more space, but also a wide range of off-road capabilities.
Sure, during the week you can use it to drop the kids off at karate and ballet. But once the weekend rolls in, the new Pilot TrailSport is ready to show you a completely different, and rugged side to itself.
Some of the special off-roading features in the 2023 Honda Pilot TrailSport include:
- Rugged exterior design
- All-new 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine is more powerful
- New available second-generation i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system improves off-road capability
- More modern and comfortable interior
- Class-leading overall passenger space
- First-in-class multi-function removable second-row middle seat provides three discrete seating options (Touring, Elite)
- Increased cargo volume
- Standard digital instrumentation
- 10.2-inch digital instrument display (Elite)
- 9-inch HD touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ compatibility (EX-L, TrailSport, Touring, Elite)
- Standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ compatibility (Sport)
- 7 available drive modes, including new Sport, Tow, and Trail modes
- Standard Honda Sensing® system with new wide-view camera and radar
- Standard Hill Descent Control
- Next-gen front passenger airbag designed to reduce potential for traumatic brain and neck injuries
- Standard driver and front-passenger knee airbags
- Trail torque logic optimizes off-road performance of i-VTM4 torque vectoring all-wheel drive system (TrailSport)
- TrailWatch camera system to help drivers navigate obstacles (TrailSport, Elite)
The new Pilot TrailSport has been engineered to be Honda’s most off-road capable SUV. So much that you may look at it as an off-roading SUV that can rule the highway during the week, rather than just a suburbanite’s weekend warrior vehicle.
The 2023 Honda Pilot is scheduled to go on sale in December 2023 and is available in five trims: TrailSport, Sport, EX-L, Touring and Elite.