Watch The 2024 Ford Mustang’s Remote Rev Feature in Action
The 2024 Ford Mustang is expected to arrive at dealerships in the summer of 2023 and it has sports car and muscle car fans drooling. The first of the 7th-generation Mustang is also slated to be the most powerful iteration of the iconic car in its lineage, available with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine or a 5.0-liter Coyote V8 engine capable of generating 500 horsepower.
This new Mustang already has a long list of advanced riding features like its electric drift brake for some track-ready drifting and its redesigned high-tech touchscreen driver console. But one of its flashier, more entertaining features is its new Remote Rev which will allow you to flex that 5.0-liter Coyote V8 from the outside with your friends.
How Does The 2024 Mustang’s Remote Rev Work?
In a short video shared to Ford’s Instagram page, the automaker gives a step-by-step demonstration of how to activate the Remote Rev feature, and how to crank it to its max rpm.
- The first step is to start the 2024 Ford Mustang via the remote start button on the key fob, the FordPass app, or by manually starting the engine.
- After starting the engine, you can activate the Remote Rev feature by pressing the unlock and lock buttons sequentially within three seconds. The Mustang’s engine will respond by revving the engine to 2,000 rpm, signaling that you’ve successfully turned the Remote Rev on.
- Once the engine has started and reached its optimal operating temperature, you can activate Remote Rev by pressing the lock and unlock buttons sequentially within three seconds. The car will respond by revving the engine to 2,000 rpm.
- By repeating the same button sequence again, the Remote Rev feature for the Mustang S650 will be fully engaged.
- The engine will then rev three times with each one increasing in rpm, up to its max setting of 5,000 rpm. This is in accordance with the pre-programmed engine rev profile of the 2024 Mustang.
- The Remote Rev feature will then be put on standby after its three initial revs. To make the engine rev again, the user must press the key fob’s lock and unlock buttons again to repeat the rev sequence again.
According to Ford, the user can customize the Remote Rev’s settings to their own personal preferences. We can only hope that nobody “mistakenly” turns their Mustang S650 on when they sit on their keys while at work or on a date.