Ford Debuts The First Ever Electric Pickup Police Truck: The 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro SSV
Ford has introduced a new model to police fleets, and this one is slightly different. The automaker has unveiled America’s first electric pickup truck intended for police: the 2023 Ford F-150® Lightning™ Pro SSV (Special Service Vehicle).
Ford has been a major resource for police departments providing vehicles necessary for patrols for more than 70 years, and the F-150 Lightning Pro SSV has opened a new chapter in its loyal relationship with first-responders.
“We’re proud to offer America’s first electric police pickup truck to local government customers who can use the truck’s game-changing technology to help improve their productivity,” says Nate Oscarson, Ford Pro national government sales manager. “Pro Power Onboard can serve as a mobile power source to light up evening accident scenes on the highway, the electric powertrain helps to potentially reduce costs associated with fuel and scheduled maintenance needs, and the Mega Power Frunk provides extra lockable storage on top of purpose-built police additions our customers have come to expect from the leader in police vehicles.”
On top of the standard features that come with the F-150 Lightning Pro like the 580 horsepower, 775 lb-ft of torque, 10,000-pound towing capacity, and 4-second 0-60 mph acceleration, the Police version also includes:
- Police-grade heavy-duty cloth seats with reduced bolsters to help holstered officers enter and exit the vehicle more easily
- Built-in steel intrusion plates in the front seatbacks.
- Available red/blue, amber/white roof-mounted LED warning beacons
- An upfit-friendly reinforced instrument panel top tray for easy mounting of police equipment
- Easy-to-clean vinyl rear seats and vinyl flooring